Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Fitness Blog is Born

Hello world! I created this blog to share health and fitness information. This is my first post.

While we all aspire to be super fit and work out regularly, that's not always possible. I try to get to the gym three times a week. I'm not obsessive about it, but I do leave work about an hour early on those workout days to make sure I have time to get in a good session.

I'm a guy with a wife and two young kids at home, so I need to devote as much non-work time as possible to the family.

When I get to the gym, I warm up with some leg stretches, then a quick five minute run on the treadmill. Then I shift to free weights. My whole workout takes between 30 and 45 minutes. The workout combined with healthy eating habits has gotten me into really great shape (for a 37 year old desk jockey).

I've recently started doing pilates one day a week. It's a killer workout, but I need to do it more frequently so I don't feel so sore the next day. This is so I can get great abs.

Anyways, my goal is to lose fat and gain muscle. If I had to guess, I'd say my body fat is about 15%. Not bad, but when I was in high school it was 8%.

That's it for now. Have a good one!

Sites I like
Fitness Information
Contest
Get nice abs
Healthy Food

No comments: